Looking north across the lawns up to the house "Keroongola', East St Kilda, home of F Peppin ca 1890.
Imperial Institute series of bromide photographs of Victoria, Vol. 1 : Homes and scenery, SLV Pictures Collection
The house was built in ca. 1870 for Richard H Thatcher and originally called Fern Lodge. Located at NW corner of Orrong Road and Inkerman Street it had extensive grounds amounting to about 10 acres. The Hon Thomas Loader was the second owner from about 1872. In ca 1879 it was purchased by Frederick Peppin and renamed Keroongola.