|Address||Lansmere, 59 Alma Road, St Kilda|
|Date Established||August 1875|
|Date Closed||December 1886|
Edward Littlejohn Backhouse began holding classes in his father's house in mid 1875. A year later it was trading under the title Alma Road Grammar School. In 1880 Edward decided to join his brother at Mornington Grammar and the school was taken over by H B de la Poer Wall until the end of 1885. Gordon Robinson took over as principal the following year. Then in November of 1886 Lansmere was put up for sale by the landlord. Miss Hatchell Brown purchased the freehold and established The Priory Girls School in February 1887.