H32492-4638_1220x400.jpg

St George's Presbyterian Church

Written by
Interior view ca. 1926 Interior view ca. 1926 Jubilee Souvenir Book, SKHS collection

St George's Church ca 1878First section as  built ca 1878                                 sk0386Enlarged church in ca. 1930

SGcover

 

The Church was designed by the architect Albert Purchas (1825-1909). The contract for the first section was won by Mr R. S. Ekins a a cost of £3,000. Work began in February 1877 and the first stage was completed by October of that year. The church was enlarged in 1880 at a cost of a further £8,700 to finally accommodate 650 persons.

pdfJubilee Souvenir Book (6.9MB).

 

 

 

The St Kilda Historical Society respectfully acknowledges:


Yalukut Weelam clan

The traditional lands of the Yalukut Weelam clan and the continuing relationship of the Boon Worrung people to our local area

City of Port Phillip

The continuing support of the City of Port Phillip

Volunteers

The contribution made by past and present volunteers

© 2018 St Kilda Historical Society Inc. ABNº 25 188 646 275. All Rights Reserved.